Beginning at at the Burnley-Clawson Park across from the National Guard Armory, just below the Watauga County Swimming Pool Complex) on the Greenway Trail, runners will run to the end of the trail and back completing an accurate 5 kilometers or 3.1 miles. The run/walk starts at 8:30 am.
$15 for pre-registered entries postmarked prior to April 6, 2018. All entries received after April 6, 2018 will be $20. Family rate is available to immediate family members living in the same household. All entries must be mailed together and completely filled out. There is a maximum of 3 t-shirts per family rate.
Type One Strong race for a CURE proceeds will benefit North Carolina Firefighters’ Burned Children Fund (FFBCF) .
Awards will be given to the Overall winner (M/F), Overall masters (40+) winner (M/F) and medals awarded to Overall age group winners—top 3 male and female—age groups: 10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89 and 90+. Overall winners will be displaced from the age group winners. Winners must be present at awards ceremony; awards will not be mailed.
Registration and packet pick-up will open at 7:30 am on Saturday at the Clawson-Burnley Park picnic shelters (across from the National Guard Armory, just below the Watauga County Swimming Pool Complex). Race day registration will end at 8:15 am.
- Refreshments will be provided after the race.
- Strollers, Skates, etc. will be allowed to start at the back of the race
- Race/Walk will begin at the Clawson-Burnley Park picnic shelter area at 8:30 am.
- All donations go to the North Carolina Firefighters’ Burned Children Fund/span>
- ALL pre-registered entries guaranteed t-shirt; race day entries will be first come and as available.